Coconut oil is all the rage nowadays and I’ve been using it for a while and I love it!
Here are my top 10 reasons why I love coconut oil:
1. Coconut Oil is an EXCELLENT MOISTURIZER! It makes my skin feel baby soft and smooth. It leaves skin feeling silky and that’s one feeling I can’t get from lotion. I prefer oil over lotion.
2. Coconut oil is great for removing makeup. If you have lipstick on that’s hard to remove, just apply some coconut oil on your lips, let it absorb and wipe off with a tissue or cotton ball. It’ll leave your lips moisturized and soft.
3. You can use it in so many different Do It Yourself recipes! Say you want to make a homemade body scrub, just mix some coconut oil with granulated sugar and there you have it. Or do you want to make your own deodorant without all the chemicals? There are tons of recipes out there.
4. It is a great addition to smoothies. I am a fan of making my own smoothies from scratch. I love green smoothies and sometimes I’ll add in a little coconut oil. Tastes really good!
5. Coconut oil is a great hair conditioner. It leaves hair soft and moisturized. You can also apply it on your scalp if you have a dry scalp and it’ll help with itchiness.
6. It is one of the healthier oils to use. Vegetable oil is highly processed and not healthy at all. If you’re looking for a healthier oil alternative, coconut oil is definitely an option because it is less susceptible to heat damage and one of the most beneficial oils for your body.
7. Coconut oil can help with energy. Personally, I haven’t eaten enough coconut oil to determine whether it helps, but people have said that it does.
8. This oil helps with sunburn! I can definitely attest to this. I got sunburned over the summer and it definitely helped heal the burn.
9. Anyone need a massage? Well get some coconut oil and start massaging! You’ll definitely end up with soft skin and a clearer mind. Less stress equals happy skin and clearer mind!
10. Last but not least, coconut oil is very versatile! It has so many uses, I can’t explain them all in one post. You can use it as a shaving cream, a tanning oil, toothpaste, etc! So many different uses!
Beauty is beyond makeup! Taking care of yourself is a part of beauty. If you aren’t healthy on the inside, how can you expect to look and feel healthy?
I am not one of those overly obsessed coconut oil fanatics, but if you haven’t tried coconut oil, I definitely recommend it. It does work! Make sure the oil is organic and unrefined, so that you can reap all the benefits.